Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fun with Martha Stewart Paints


Today I would like to share and inspire everyone with projects I made using Martha Stewart craft paints. True to itself that these multi-surface satin acrylic paints can be applied to ‘different types of surfaces’ as I used the paints on wood, clay (terra cotta), cardstock and chipboards. 

The acrylic glitter paints are for multi-surface use too! I really loved how my projects turned out. Although I have altered some projects in the past but have not used paints on them…mostly papers and other stuff…but these paints are so easy to use. It surely will bring the ‘artist in you’.

Well, let’s have a look on the inspirational projects I’ve done…

Painting on a Wooden box


I have painted the box using Habanero then used wedding cake paint and Martha Stewart Stencil for the design on the side of the box. After the paint dries, I embellished it with items from my stash.
The wooden Memory box is from Plaid which is also available at Paper Lane along with a wide varieties of wooden surfaces to choose from.

Painting a Clay (Terra cotta) pots



On this clay pot, I painted inside using Heliotrope paint, the side with Party Streamer paint and Blue Calico for the bottom. 



Painted the rim with violet glitter paint…really adds shimmer to it! The ruffled lace that decorates the sides around the pot just below the rim was alternately painted with Bubble Gum and Blueberry Slush glitter paint. Added some flowers on the rim and this clay pot is done.

 
I was still in for another clay pot project…well, gotta try the other paint colors too and besides I still have another pot lying around. 
 


This time I painted the pot using Pollen and Granny Smith paints. The ruffled lace was painted with Purple Sapphire glitter paint. Added again flowers on the rim and I have another altered pot done. These pots makes a wonderful gift; maybe a coin or trinket holder; coffee table centerpiece or holds some candies/chocolates…just imagine all the possibilities.



While painting, the first coat of paint gave me beautiful coverage and in just 2 coats you can see the difference. It is also not tacky to touch after it’s dry. The paint have good consistency and dries fairly quickly too. Love this paint!!!

Painting on Cardstock and chipboards



On this card, I used Pollen, Granny Smith and Party Streamer paints. I used foam pouncher technique to apply the paints. Added sentiment on the card, a few matching adhesive pearls and I have an inspirational card done.


I made another card and this time, I painted the chipboard flourish with Beetle Black paint and after the paint dried I applied Bubble Gum glitter paint. It definitely added sparkle to it. 


I die cut the flower using Tim Holtz Tattered floral then painted it with Party Streamer and again after the paint dried I applied Bubble Gum glitter paint. This glitter paints definitely added sparkle to my chipboard embellishments. Stamp the sentiment, added a strip of lace and I have another inspiring card!!
 
I have used a lot of tools too when doing these projects– sponge brushes, paint brushes, and stencils and they all cleaned up so easily with soap and tepid water. Paper Lane exclusively stock all Martha Stewart paint colors and wide variety of accessories.

Considering that these paints works on so many surfaces, the many gorgeous and fun color choices and finishes available, it’s really a very good paint every crafter should have on her craft box. I hope I have inspired you today. Next time you visit Paper Lane, remember to grab some paints and make inspirational projects.


Cheers,
Irene