Monday, December 17, 2012

Design Inspiration Mini Chest of Drawers & Mirror

Good Morning Crafters,
I hope you are all enjoying the cooler weather and the great outdoors.  Whilst I love to be outside, I cannot stay away from my craft room so I have a few projects I would like to share with you today.
By now you will probably be aware that Paper Lane stocks the full range of Martha Stewart paints.  The fabulous colours and amazing quality paints are perfect for all your crafty creations.
Paper Lane are also stocking Martha Stewart stencils and accessories. I have used paints and stencils in the two projects I am showing you today. 
First up, is a 'mini' chest of drawers.  The before and after photos below show you how you can transform an untreated piece of wooden furniture into a home décor project.
Before
I painted the unit in Martha Stewart multi surface acrylic paint, added the stencil to the bottom drawer and finished off the other drawers with designer paper from one of my favourite collections…My Mind’s Eye ‘The Sweetest Thing’. Now I have a beautiful piece of furniture to hold all my crafty bits and pieces.
After
For my second project, I altered a mirror.  This was an inexpensive mirror which was made with untreated wood. Plain and boring!  
Before
I painted it with Martha Stewart multi surface paint, stenciled the motif onto the bottom corner, added some bling and a matching ribbon…. Result! A pretty mirror that will brighten up any room.
After
 I hope I have inspired you to create your own home decor projects using these fabulous paints and stencils.  There are so many fabulous possibilities.   Happy crafting!
Best wishes,
Jill
Design Team member for Paper Lane