Monday, December 17, 2012

Design Inspiration Plaid Nesting Boxes, Layout & Wooden Letters

Good Morning Crafters,
I hope this post finds you all well and I hope you are all in the mood for some crafting inspiration.  I have a couple of quick project ideas to share with you today and i'm hoping to inspire you to create something for yourself.   
First of all, I started with these plain untreated wooden Plaid nesting boxes.  Boring, right?
Before
 
Now, what can we do with them to brighten them up? Martha Stewart multi surface acrylic paint! Of course! Here are a couple of ideas I came up with…. A cute little holder for my buttons, perfect for sitting on my desk, ready for when I need them… or individual gift boxes…… or a set of stacking gift boxes…. The possibilities are endless.  Here are some photos to show you what I did.
Button Holder

Individual Gift Boxes


Stacking Gift Boxes

For my next project, i created a layout of my son.  Again, I used the ever versatile Martha Stewart paints. This time, I used them to create the clouds in the background and to paint the chipboard sentiments.
Finally, I painted these plain wooden letters in my son’s favourite colour (Martha Stewart ‘Spring Pasture’ ) and embellished them with Echo Park ‘Enjoy The Ride’ Mini theme kit available from Paper Lane
I hope I have managed to show you that these paints are so versatile.  I have used them on paper, wood, chipboard, to create backgrounds for layouts, decorate boxes and wooden letters.  Fabulous paints, beautiful colours and superior quality.    
I hope I have inspired in some way today. Until the next time, take care and happy crafting.
Best wishes,
Jill
Paper Lane Design Team member