Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Today's Design Inspiration : An Altered Mirror!

Good morning crafters!

This morning i would like to show you an altered mirror using the DCWV Collage Musings stack pack.  I bought an inexpensive plain wooden mirror.  It was rather boring so i dug out my DCWV papers and found this gorgeous green and brown paper.

I covered the front of the mirror with the paper and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink.  The two main flowers were made using a Tim Holtz ‘Tattered Florals’ die, some distress ink and a brad.  The small flowers were made using a small flower punch.  I distressed the edges and finished them off with some brads.  The butterfly was made using a Tonic punch. 

Here’s a photo of the mirror ‘before’ and ‘after’.



Altered projects are a fun way to bring life to something that you would not normally use.  I hope that I have managed to inspire you in some way.
Best wishes,
Paper Lane Design Team Member