Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pleased to Introduce Our DT Member, Jennifer !


" Hello, Paper Lane blog readers!

I am Jennifer Caldwell,originally from New Zealand but have lived in Abu Dhabi for over 4 years now. I started scrapbooking in July 2008 and Paper Lane became my lifeline, since there is no dedicated scrapbook store in AD. I work full time, am a mother of two young boys (12 and 9 years) and we travel extensively during their school breaks, which provides fantastic source material for my scrapbook pages and mini books.

I don't know anyone else in Abu Dhabi who scrapbooks, so I've only ever been to one or two crops (in Dubai). But I would like to start connecting more with the scrapbooking community, to share my work with others and eventually be inspired by them, that's why I am so delighted to be a part of Paper Lane Design Team!

Regarding my craft, I'm not really sure how to define my style: quite clean and simple I think, but I do like to tell stories (so there is always a good deal of journalling) and I do like to add dimension (some layouts more than others). I like colour, but my colour choices are always determined by the colours of my photographs. My favourite colour combination is blue and green (and all their tones); I love patterned paper with a vintage or retro look, and I almost always use cardstock as a base for my layouts.

My favourite embellishments are ribbon, buttons and flowers (homemade if I can manage it, Prima if not). I do not own Photoshop, so all my photos have minimal editing, and I try where possible to use 4x6 inch photos to speed up the creative process. My favourite layouts are the ones that often took the least time to put together.

So that's just about it for now ! Hopefully you'll get acquainted with me more in the coming weeks thru my works. "


There you go, dear readers! Our DT member Jennifer has also been with us since Paper Lane's early days, and we are so glad that she'll finally show her beautiful works for the crafting community to see!

Just take a look at her layout below - lovely in its simplicity... and her poignant journalling truly makes it a definite keeper.