Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's Give A Warm Welcome To Lidiya !


"Hello everyone! My name is Lidiya and I come from Bulgaria. I'm a happy mother of a charming three-year old girl and wife of a loving and supporting husband. We've been living in Dubai and enjoying it for six years now. At the moment I'm a full time mum, freelance proofreader, avid paper crafter and aspiring photographer. I think I am also the happiest cardmaker in Dubai since Paper Lane chose me to be part of their design team for 2011 and that's so exciting! I really look forward to sharing my cards and ideas with the crafting community,particularly here in the Middle East.

I came across paper crafting by chance, but it felt just so perfect for me from the very start. Cardmaking allows me to express and explore my creativity and bring a smile on people's faces when they receive my handmade cards and paper projects. Cards are my passion for being so personal, heartfelt and special. However, I also love making party decoration, favour bags, handmade flowers and basically anything that can add a special touch and beauty to our daily lives.

My cardmaking style is somewhere in the middle, not too simple and minimalist and not overly busy. I love stamping and I definitely adore Copic colouring. Spending hours feathering and blending might sound boring to some, but for me it's so relaxing. I really enjoy the magic of Distress Inks and heat embossing for these two techniques can create some truly amazing projects.

At the moment I'm posting and sharing my cards and projects on my blog and will be very happy if you pop in, join me and leave me your comments. I believe paper crafting is all about having fun, exploring your creative nature and sharing, so let the fun begin! See you soon at Paper Lane!"


Crafters, please do visit Lidiya's blog! For sure, you'll be amazed by her technique and style (as we were)! because her love for crafting just shows in her finished projects! Wanna see for yourself?

Then take a look at this card that she made especially for the Paper Lane blog readers .. Simple,it may be, but definitely oh so pretty!