Friday, March 11, 2011

Meet our DT Member Riri !



" Hello Paperlane blog readers,

I am much honored to be one of Paperlane 2011 Design Team. My full name is Nadirah Febriyanti, but I like to be called as Riri Mahadi. Riri is my nickname given by my mother and Mahadi is my husband’ name. I was born and grew up in Indonesia and later moved to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia after I got married.Much later we moved to Dubai and have been living here for 4 years now! I work full time and have four sons, yes you read it correctly, four boys, age 11, 9, 6 and 3 years old. My house is always as noisy and as messy as it could be, but my sons provide me with an abundant source for my scrapbook page and mini books.

Scrapbooking is a way to relax and chill out to me. Juggling four boys, husband and full time works is not easy but composing a layout or mini books whenever I have time will work like a magic potion. All stress gone and I am happy. I started scrapbooking around mid of last year, 2010. I am originally inspired by my good friend in Indonesia which is an amazing scrapbooking teacher but always postponed the thoughts of trying myself until I stumbled upon Ali Edwards website.

I am not sure on how to describe my scrapbooking style. I like a clean and cohesive layouts where every element works together to convey the message. I am of the opinion that a layout is basically a story to tell. A frozen memory. I love to play with any color combination and any patterned paper because I think any color will match the other as long as you have the correct tones.

So that’s about it for now, I hope I can inspire you all with my coming works for Paperlane."


Our Riri is an architect by profession , and anyone can see the influence that her work does on her crafts - linear, thoughtfully formed, and very much confident in her patterns and colors.

We can't help but be very excited about the projects that she'll do with us!