Sunday, December 23, 2012

At Christmas...All is Bright {My Mind's Eye}

 AT CHRISTMAS...all is calm,
 ALL IS BRIGHT 

It's that time of year again; 
the tree is  decorated, plenty of lights, 
stockings are hung up, shopping & wrapping of gifts
...festive moments waiting to be scrapped.

{My Mind's Eye} All Is Bright collection 
will surely get you into Christmas scrapping spirit.

And here is a page inspiration for you...

 At Christmas...All is Bright

I wanted my page to resemble like a printer's tray.
So, I cut out square patterns from My Mind's Eye All Is Bright
paper collection and mat it with cardstock.  
Made one big square right at the middle of smaller square blocks.

Distress the cardstock and pattern paper with frayed burlap distress ink.
I then popped it up with adhesive foam pads
 and added layers of embellishments; adding dimension and texture.


Creating a repeating pattern isn't a fancy technique,
and you don't need any special tools.


You can start off with just a basic shape background 
and then it becomes more easy to expand out 
and incorporate your embellishments.

  

Experiment with different shapes, sizes and mediums 
to have a unique pattern. It's a technique that can be used over and over 
again without ever repeating the same look.


I hope that over this festive and magical season 
you all get a chance to scrapbook the beautiful times ahead 
and enjoy the little moments that Christmas brings us.
Enjoy the festive season and visit Paper Lane
grab the paper collection from My Mind's Eye All Is Bright.
There are a lot of Christmas paper collections too 
and other goodies available in the store.
Also, check out the latest design inspirations from my fellow DT members.
Merry Christmas to all.
Until next time, happy scrapping! 


Cheers,
irene