Friday, October 5, 2012

MME The Sweetest Thing Layout - Happy Day



Using the beautiful papers from MME The Sweetest Thing - Honey collection.  I  decided to scrap a photo of myself my husband took when we arrived in Dubai a few years ago.  I left it out on my work table and I was later horrified to see that water had spilled on it and this had caused the ink to run.  After close examination I decided the photo did not look that bad and realized it could fit in with the look and mediums I intended to use on my layout.

Here is my layout at a glance...


See on the image below how the pink in the ink ran in the photograph...


I layered different patterned papers from the collection and with some bubble wrap and yellow paint added texture before adhering the photograph.  Some of the tile texture is showing in the top corner.  I did a lot of paint dabbing and glimmer mist sprinkling before I started on my design.  Did very little inkling; distressed all the edges of the papers instead.

I chose the page with the bees...here is a snapshot of the page before I started working on it


I thought the pink in the roses picked up the ink in my photograph perfectly and it also finalized my fourth colour which I wanted to add to the black white and yellow theme! I created some texture with the mini tile texture template,  Took some Viva Pink Glimmer Mist and sprinkled its vibrant colour all over the page.


The black and white flower in the top left hand corner was cut with my cameo - I used black and white dotted paper from the DCWV La Creme paper stack.  The bees and 'honeycomb' shapes was my inspiration and I carried this theme forward throughout my layout!


Yellow daisy like flowers with black centers was perfect for this layout and the black glittery swirl added just that hint of elegance. I finger dabbed white paint on all the flowers for additional definition.


I love how the black and white striped ribbon matches with the black and white paper under the photograph - they are from two different collections.  One always steers away from like on like but there are times when it look good - like this time :-)


Black and white patterned paper under the chipboard sentiments further emphasize the black and white scheme in this layout.  Spun a yellow beaded spray across the page and it looks like drops of golden honey.


The chicken wire is a die cut by Dusty Attic.  I cut it into various sizes and adhered it to different places on my page.  When dry I took a toothpick and ran yellow paint along the lines of the shape to create the illusion of honey.  Love the outcome!


I placed a chipboard rose on the exact image on the paper


I used Sun Sisters glimmer mist on the sun template - think it was the perfect touch to this page.


Products Used
MME Sweetest Thing - Honey paper
MME Sweetest Thing - chipboard elements
MME black striped ribbon - Stella Rose 'boy' trims
Dusty Attic - chicken wire 
Mini Tile texture 6x6 template
WR Memory Keepers sew easy floss
Martha Stewart rubby ducky satin craft paint
Sun sisters and Viva Pink glimmer mist
Tim Holtz paper distresser
Black Soot distress ink
White acrylic paint
12x12 chipboard

Non Paperlane Elements
Yellow flowers, black flower lace and centers
tiny white daisies, bees, butterflies and buttons
Sun stencil and yellow beaded string

With beautiful papers and matching embellishments once can create anything.  Paperlane stocks such a wide variety of papers, embellishments, mixed media tools and products, die cuts, etc.  Too many products to mention.  Let the wonderful products sold at Paper Lane inspire you to create beautiful memories.

Until next time...Janine