Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Dream" Altered Mini Canvas

Hello craft people.......guess what????

Its mixed media time at Paperlane and they are hosting a workshop that will bring out the artist in YOU!! I cannot wait to attend the  workshop because both my artistic and mixed media skills can certainly improve by learning new techniques :-).  I hope to see you all there...

For my design team project to 'wake up' the mixed media artist in me "smile" I used various techniques on a mini canvas ... see the canvas at a glance below.


I used Martha Stewart's satin acrylic craft paints - Paper Lane stocks the complete range of her new craft products - pop into the store and buy some - they are affordable and a must have!!!  I used goji berry, rubber ducky and putty. Placed a glob size of each colour onto the canvas and painted - it produced that really super colour. This paint is amazing people - its texture is thick and satiny.  It spreads on easy, washes off easy and is a total pleasure to use! You must pop into Paperlane's store to try this fantastic paints!

Products Used:

Martha Stewart satin acrylic craft paints
White, pool, mountain rose adirondack paint dabbers
Mini tile texture template
Poppies and peonies mask
Indie chic nutmeg washi tape
MME chipboard lettering, K&Co glitter wording
Glitter wing butterflies, Prima flowers
Buttons, lace, netting, rub 'n buff from my stash

The blue flowers are created with the poppies and peonies mask and the mini tile texture is visible under the word "Dream".  Under the flowers are washi tape and grunged up creme lace.



Gorgeous butterfly and Prima flowers.


I rubbed some rub and buff on the wheels and that gorgeous flower is by Prima.  The word dream is by K&Company.

Everything I used on this mini canvas can be purchased at Paper Lane!


Paper Lane is the perfect place to buy your mixed media yummies and if you ready to start your mixed media journey just click on their name above and take a look at all the wonderful items you can buy.  Paper Lane also stocks canvas of different sizes; they are of excellent quality already primed with gesso..Their assortment of Martha Stewart paints, sponges, accessories, stencils, masks and mixed media products is extensive.

I hope this canvas inspires you to create one of your own! I know I always say there is no right or wrong when it comes to creativity but ladies with mixed media there is only one style...YOURS

See you all soon...Janine