Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Fresh Memory File

Hello crafty ladies!

Are you enjoying your summer so far? We are having a great time at my home country and I am happy I already started scrapbooking the photos of this exciting summer with the help of the latest collections available at Paperlane.

Today I have something really colourful and summery for you! It's the Simple Stories' Summer Fresh collection and my Heidi Swapp-inspired memory file:

Memory files are so much fun to create and a perfect way to collect your sweet memories in one place without too much effort. The task is even easier with a collection such as Summer Fresh where you have so many ready-made journalling cards and titles that you hardly need any tools or additional embellishments. I enjoyed the collection immensely, especially in these hot days when I do feel a little lazy and easy and fun projects are by far my favourite :).


I came up with the idea to create two separate mini albums for my photos using some good quality envelopes for additional sturdiness. What I did was assemble the two albums from envelopes and then used one for the portrait photos and the other for the landscape ones. This way I created the perfect and sturdy space to stick the photos and the journaling cards and also ended up with some pockets where I can keep some other photos later on.

For this project I used a simple file I got from an office supplies store and the following Summer Fresh papers:

Bits of Summer
County Garden
Summer Fresh Flash Cards 4x6
Journaling Card Elements # 1 and 2.

I also added some ribbon, washi tape and twine and some stickers.

I hope you liked my project and will scrapbook your summer photos using Summer Fresh. There is more summer inspiration coming your way, so keep those photos piling.

Have fun and enjoy your summer days!

Lidiya