Sunday, August 12, 2012

DT Inspiration - Simple Stories Summer Fresh

Hey crafty people, hope you all enjoying summer and having happy fun sunny days.  To compliment summer with its vacation, heat and fun, Paperlane has in stock various 'summer' paper stacks to create awesome keepsakes for you and your family.  Pop into the store, take a browse, the staff are super helpful and friendly; and do show the rest of us what you created with your 'summer' purchase!

Today I would like to share with you my project using the Simple Stories Summer Fresh by Echo Park collection.  These papers are vibrant and great to work with.  My youngest daughter is a collector of memorabilia just like her mom!  She has been pestering me to make her a memory box for the longest time and when I saw the fabulous summer fresh papers I knew I would give it a go!

I covered the lid with yellow coordinating cardstock and a cut a 6x6 red checkered square; used a Martha Stewart on the edge punch before adhering it onto a white doily. I inked the doily with aged mohogany distriss ink.


I used a variety of flowers to decorate with - prima, vibrant shades of iamroses, some pastel coloured iamroses leaves and of course sunflowers and purple puffed flowers from my stash.  The alphabet, images and stickers are from the coordinating packs that go with the collection! I highlighted the flowers on a cut out that reads "fresh picked memories" with various shades of glitter for additional vibrancy.


I created concertina folds for the side panels inside the box and glued down scalloped shapes to create a more decorative feel.  She has so many bits and pieces so those panels will be in good use! How super gorgeous are those papers people!  Yummy! Go grab some of that yummy goodies and create a keepsake to store all those awesome pics you are taking!



For the sides of the box I cut strips of red co-ordinating card stock, used the same Martha Stewart punch and cut strips of decorative paper to adhere to the sides.  Added some pink flowers and a decorative green sweet embellishment.  I added cream lace around the lid and hot glued some yellow pom pom trim on the lace; gold glitter highlighting the on the edge pattern was the final touch.

I love how the box turned out - so vibrant and colourful.  Do yoo think she would like it too?

I hope I inspired you to create something similar too. It is easy ladies, no wrong and no right, let it flow and just create! 

Thanks Janine