Monday, August 6, 2012

Design Team Inspiration - Paradise Beach


Good morning crafters,
Today I want to share with you a layout and a card I created using this beautiful paper from the Echo Park, Paradise Beach collection. The colours and designs in this collection are fabulous and perfect for your summer projects.

For the layout, I used the ‘Paradise’ paper for my base.  I loved the design with the palm tree and waves.  It fitted well with the photo I wanted to use. To start with, I lightly sprayed the layout with Tattered Angels glimmer mist (Midnight Blue). Then I created two borders from the ‘Beach Bum’ paper and adhered them to the top of my layout. I stamped ‘my boys’ onto the tabs using an American Crafts alphabet stamp set.  I created a mat for my photo and adhered it into position using double sided tape.  The flourish is made of chipboard and coloured with Tattered angels glimmer mist with some Ranger Embossing Tinsel sprinkled on top to give it extra bling and heated it with my heat tool.  The tags were cut from the same ‘beach bum’ paper and attached around the sun with dimensionals. The ribbon was ruffled like waves and attached with tape.

For my  card, i went for  bright bold theme with lots of colour and layers. I made the flower using a Hero Arts stamp set and lots of layers from this beautiful paper collection. The leaves are a Sizzix die cut coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks. The corner die cut is by Cheery Lynn.     


I hope you like what you see and I hope that I have inspired you today to create your own cards or layouts. As you can see, you do not need many tools or accessories to create something unique. Just sit down and let your imagination do the rest.
Take care and happy crafting!   
Paper Lane Design Team member