Sunday, July 15, 2012

DTeam Inspiration - Echo Park Hello Summer

Hey crafty people; summer is heating up and the cool water beackons... so what better way to say Hello Summer than with Echo Park's new Hello Summer paper range and embellishments!!

In this project I used Kaisercraft's off the page castle album. This album is great to work with; is made out of very sturdy chipboard and with its castle shape is perfect for both boys and girls. I chose to decorate it as a 'sand castle' to compliment the vibrant summer papers! All the products I have used in this project can be purchased at Paperlane - so pop on over and capture all your precious memories in an adorable album like this!

The image below is the album at a glance. As you can tell its bright and happy and perfect for capturing those beach days!!. I inked the edges of the album with adirondack pool acryllic paint dabber - perfect colour for this project.



On the cover  I fussy cut banners from one of the pages and inked it with chipped sapphire distress ink. I folded over the banners just enough to accommodate the twine - I spun the banner from one side to the other and placed the word beach on it. The alphabet is also from the collection. I highlighted the alphabet letters in light blue glitter and placed a yellow sticker star on each end. Before I worked on the back of this page I covered the 'windows' with yellow paper and decorated it with a swirl and a fish.




I bound the album with orange, blue and pink ribbon - simple people. The sand strips with the shell is from Jolees boutique but can easily be made with canvas, mod podge and some sand! Stars decorate the other end of the page and all those stickers are super cute and add to the on the beach theme!!



On the above page  I stenciled some seagulls and a smiley sun! For the birds I used chipped sapphire distress ink and a touch of silver glitter to highlight the wings of the bird. The sun is sprayed with sun sisters glimmer mist and gold glitter to add more definition. How cute is that sand box ladies!!



This is my favourite page out of this album - it features a palm tree, a flower I fussy cut to mimick the sun and a cool pair of shades!  I used bubble wrap to make the bubble effect on the side!

My favourite tag !
There is so much more to this album that the above images so pop on over to my blog and see plenty more detail and ideas for your own album! 

Hope I inspired you to pop into Paperlane, to grab some goodies and use those yummies to capture your summer pics in a super memory filled album!

Thanks for all your comments, Janine...