Sunday, June 24, 2012

Design Inspiration for a Card : Collage Musings Part III

Good evening crafters!

Today, i would like to share with you, a card i made using the fabulous DCWV Collage Musings stack pack.  This pack is full of beautiful papers and designs to suit all tastes.  When I saw this ‘measuring tape’ design I knew it would make a perfect card for any Dad, Husband, Uncle, Brother, Friend etc. So I got to work and this is what I came up with.


I distressed the edges of the measuring tape paper with a distressing tool, curled the top right and bottom left corners and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I then layered the paper onto brown cardstock and distressed the edges of the cardstock in the same way. I inserted brads under the curled corners.
View of the top right corner:-



The cool ‘origami’ shirt was made with co-ordinating paper (from the same DCWV stack pack).  I had a great time making this card and with the added brads, distressed look and paper clip, it gives this card a fun look. I hope you like it!
Best wishes
Paper Lane Design Team Member