Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Hello, everyone! Today I have something really exciting to share! Are you ready?
Paper Lane has decided to launch crafty competitions and let us (the Design Team members) challenge you! The challenges will be open to anyone who wishes to share their paper craft projects and win yummy prizes.
It’s really fun and easy and will work this way:
1. The Design Team will ask you to create a specific project (card, layout, altered art, etc.) and will share some inspirational projects to get you started.
2. You will have a week up to 10 days to create a new project (not posted on your blog or personal page before) and share it with us.
3. The Design Team will choose and announce the winner who will take home the prize.
Since it's my pleasure to announce the first challenge, I decided to choose something really easy and fun to start with, so I will ask you to:
Create a card that has sparkly or glittery elements.
The rules are really simple:
1. Create a card using anything sparkly that you like – glittery patterned paper, Stickles, Distress Stickles, Glimmer Mists, regular glitter, etc.
2. Take a photo of the card , become a Paper Lane Like-r (if you still aren't yet!) , upload on your own Facebook and label it as "Paper Lane Design Challenge" and tag Paper Lane . Alternatively, you may also directly upload your work on Paper Lane's wall . For those without an active Facebook account, you may also email photo of your entries to email@example.com
3. The challenge will be open from today, 02nd of May to Saturday, 12th of May and the winner will be announced on Monday, 14th of May.
4. The winner will take home these fabulous goodies, including the newly arrived Studio Calico pad☺ :
5. Please note that this Design Challenge is open to anyone who could personally collect their prize from Paper Lane store in Town Centre Jumeirah within 2 months from the announcement of winners - so our apologies for non-UAE residents as of this time.
And before I leave you for today, here is some sparkly inspiration from me:
I used Glimmer Mist to colour the flower and frame and some Stickles on the pink cardstock. For more glittery projects you can also check my latest DT posts and DCVW projects at http://paperlane.blogspot.com/2012/04/dcwv-playtime-stack-accordion-fold.html and http://paperlane.blogspot.com/2012/05/more-from-dcwv-playtime-stack.htmland look out for some more cards using the same papers later on during the week.
I can’t wait to see your shiny cards! Happy crafting!