Thursday, March 29, 2012

So Pleased to Introduce Our DT Janine ...

Happy Thursday everyone!!!

As promised, we will be making a more in-depth feature of our two new Design Team members who were selected from among this year's very talented participants of Paper Lane's Design Team Call.

We wont like to keep the suspense much longer .. so everyone, please give a warm welcome to our new DT, Janine Smith!





I am South African living/working in Dubai for the past three years. I am mother to 3 daughters and 1 son. I am married to the most wonderful man who is also my very best friend and strongest supporter. My mother owned a pre-school facility and this is where my creativity was born. I created artwork on the walls, play areas, projects, concert backdrops etc. Further to this, in our family I was always the one who managed family events like birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries etc – this including the décor, menu, invitations, etc. Later on, as a life coach I created journals for my clients tailored to their specific personality and requirements. Always I was the one who made occasional cards and handcrafted gifts; family members would just call or come around to select.






Arriving in Dubai I converted the maid’s room into a crating room and was/am blissfully crafting to my hearts content. My creativity spans interior design, event management, party planning and short story writing. I create bespoke mini albums, wedding/party invitations, on order. I would go insane if I could not create something. I am very conscious of the environment so I recycle a great deal and find creative ways to use “throw aways”. My favourite crafting items are my distress inks, all Tim Holtz papers/embellishments, flowers, laces/trims, double sided tape and my glue gun. I enjoy grunge and vintage but my favourite is shabby chic.






Being selected to be on the design team is a dream come true. Having met the other members, whose talent I am humbled by; I look forward to learning from them and increase my knowledge in other areas of crafting. I hope to add my special brand of creativity to the group and together, with you, help make Paper Lane the best scrap booking store. Scrap booking is really a fun way of sharing/storing wonderful memories. It is not difficult – in fact it is quite easy. When you have beautiful things to create with, you create beautiful things. Paper Lane provides the opportunity for us all to create beautiful memories.


Welcome to Paper Lane family, Janine .. we are so looking forward to working with someone so motivational, so inspiring and so talented like you!☺

And crafters, please do take a look at some of Janine's projects -  very flamboyant and versatile , just like her !










To get to know our DT Janine better, please click on her blog here .

Have a wonderful week-end, everyone ! Till our next post xx