Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Webster's Design Inspirations from Lidiya



Hello, paper crafters! 
The moment I saw this paper from Webster's Pages "Lets Celebrate" Collection I knew what I will do with it and strangely enough it was not a card. I needed a paper to scrapbook the pictures of Raya's first day at school and this cute red and orange design came just on time. There is nothing school related in the collection which is all about parties and celebrations, but somehow it matched my idea and photo colours perfectly. All elements on the page are Silhouette die cuts. (I always reach for my Silhouette when I need something quick and easy :)).


The clouds are inked with Broken China Distess Ink, while the title is coloured with Broken China Distress Stain. Easy and fun! The sun and stars were also plain white cardstock before I used the Wild Honey Distress Stain to colour them. I added some patterned papers for my journaling and adhered Japanese patterned tape just for some fun. Of course, I could not keep my hands away from the Glossy Accent, so I added some glossy shine to the sun and stars. And in case you wonder why there are clouds and rain on my first day of school layout, it's because of the school's behavioral system. :))


The collection did not speak cards to me, but I'm grateful since it inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. I found the blue patterned paper just perfect for the pillow case box I wanted to try for quite some time. The shape is from the free images that come with the Silhouette, while the flower ribbon slider is a freebie from Kerri Bradford. After the Silhouette did its job, what was left for me was only to ink up the edges of the pillow case with Weathered Wood (my current Distress Ink favourite) and distress the flower edges with the same to make them pop up. As easy as that.





Once I tried the pillow case box, I could not stop myself and made another box. This time a small one which would be perfect for some jewellery. The same techniques here. I just finished it off with a delicate Prima Flower.