Sunday, March 13, 2011

We Are Proud to Introduce Jing !



" Hello Paper Lane readers!

My name is Jing, and I can best be described as follows:

… adventurous … imaginative … love to explore the world … enjoy savoring gourmet food … fancy going for a massage, manicure and pedicure … not much of a shopping freak but love clothes, bags and shoes (typical! yet contradicting) … a certified “professional” housefrau (loving every minute of it) and married to a wonderful man for 12 years … enjoy afternoon tea or coffee with friends – and definitely love to bake and cook, just few of my passions … I am serious with my yoga and pilates … early riser – say, 5:30 am and zooommm, ready to face the world … well, just a few tidbits about myself.

And as for my creative world …

My love of papers came way back while I was still in grade school. My father used to travel a lot to Japan and would bring back lovely Japanese papers. He wanted me to try the Origami and I immediately enjoyed it.I never really explored it further but instead I collected more papers. And that’s how it all started … I love to scrapbook our family photos but it was just in simple layout designs then. Scrapbooking nowadays is totally different – loads of style to try and establish it as your own. So what is my style? I prefer to be mysterious … I love to explore the beauty of the patterned papers and embellishments. I am also inspired by vintage, rustic and mixed media style/effects – I like to do MixMash techniques as to let you wonder… yet simple and clean style will always be my favorite.

My most important inspiration is my husband. Whenever my creative mojo is down and kaputt, I just take a break from work and chat with him (sweetums, huh!). Also, the color of Wheel is giving my creativity lots of energy and often stares at my COPIC station…well, anything on bright colors gets my heart pumpin’. Plus my visits each year on the CHA convention also enables me to widen my horizon … lots of inspirations during workshops, sharing of ideas and tips, meeting people coming from each corner of the world.

Busy is becoming the word of the day for me. I love to be busy but this time a bit wiser … oh yes, I need to and I am happy about being not too overwhelmed with work this time – it should be fun … create and learn has always been my motto.

Explore my blog for more layout, Copic and culinary inspirations … there will be more to come.

I hope that we, the Design Team members and Paper Lane, will inspire you more on your creative journey."


We are so glad to have Jing onboard with us! We've known her for quite sometime now, and we are so amazed at how much more diverse, versatile and stunning her creations has become since we first met her!

Want some proof?

Then just take a look at this card that she'd made especially for you, dear readers!

Simply beautiful, just like Jing herself! ☺