Saturday, October 3, 2009

Design Inspirations

Hello Scrappers!

For this month's Design Inspirations, we are featuring Bo Bunny's 4 new CHA 09 collections, Delilah, Kitchen Spice, Flutter Butter and Gypsy ... all gorgeous and easy to work with.

Below we bring you the amazing layouts by the Design Team. We know you will totally love what they did!

TINGTING NIVERA

"I get my inspiration to scrap from a lot of things but I usually start with my pictures. I pick the best two or three and decide how I want to arrange them. Once I know how I want the page to look, I decide what pattern paper and embellishments to use. Flutter Butter is an awesome collection that went perfectly stunning with these photos of my kids laughing together!"



Havin’ A Good Laugh: "It is always a joy for us to hear our children’s laughter, all the more so when they are laughing together. That’s why I did this layout. Every time I see this page I can’t help but smile and I still hear echoes of their laughter."

"I used distress ink for the edges of paper and photo matting for this layout. Then I cut out designs on pattern paper and used rhinestones for embellishment. 3D dots are perfect to add dimension to these embellishments. For my journaling, I cut out ¼ inch strips of paper and used an acid-free pen. The exciting part is when I used my new Silhouette SD machine to cut out part of my title and the other part, I used white chipboard."

On my visits to Paper Lane, I've had always brought these photos of me and my childhood friends, but would always find a hard time choosing a collection to scrap it with. Then came this new BoBunny collection, and I knew it would look lovely as "Delilah".



Best Friends: "I wanted to highlight the long friendship I had with two girls I grew up with, so I used then and now photos. They make me feel nostalgic, remembering the good times we always had when we were together."

"I also used distress ink for the edges of paper and photo matting for this layout. Then I layered patterned papers from the BoBunny collection. It really coordinated with me and my friends’ color of clothes. The titles and swirls were cut using Silhouette SD machine. And I embellished this layout with coordinating flowers and brads from the collection. Again, I cut ¼ inch strips of paper for journaling
."

Have fun creating!


TRACY BELLING




"I was so excited to work on a project utilizing the Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice Collection. The minute I saw the warm spicy colours and homespun feel, I was immediately transported back to my Aunty’s kitchen – one can practically smell the nutmeg, ginger, cloves and chocolate baking odours wafting through the air when you start creating! All my ingredients came together so naturally and it was a warm walk down memory lane while I put together a little cookbook mini-book project documenting my children’s favourite recipes “made by mum” which I included along with photo’s of them enjoying the goods over the years! I will give this little book to my daughter to use for her own children one day."

"I deliberately chose double-sided patterned papers to get maximum mileage out of my selection, I wanted each page to be slightly different yet matching, of course, I also painted some pages with acrylic paints and used flowers and co-coordinating ribbons extensively as well as the odd scrap cardstock I have that matched. The recipes were printed on transparency and mounted on the Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice Recipe Card cutouts, which are part of the range (how perfect!) so that you can see the gorgeous designs and colours underneath. For the Title page, I used the lettering and flower trellis stickers included on the combo sticker sheet. To make them really “pop” I added a glaze. I also used a piece of dry embossed paper with a hugs and kisses pattern on chocolate brown paper. I also sewed borders on some of the pages to add to the ‘homemade theme’ of the mini book. I also used the tabs on the combo sticker sheet to create index tabs on the various sections of the mini cookbook."


"This collection called “Gypsy”, has the rich colour blends of blues, oranges and browns makes me think of mysterious gypsies dressed in swirling skirts and glittering bangles. If you like Swirls, blings and brackets this layout is for you – a double page feast of colour inspired by all things we scrappers love. This layout can be used for any theme where richness and beauty are to be displayed. It also would look fantastic framed; you don’t always have to put your layouts in an album!"


"My photo’s of my family back home in an impromptu photo sheet at Sunset on the river at Amsterdamhoek was a perfect choice. I cut the swirls, and blocks–10 blocks in total. Designed my own combination of patterns in a grid – six blocks on the left hand, and four blocks on the right hand side. These meet in the middle edge of the two pages. Then I cut a strip from a plain piece (from one of the patterned cardstocks) and scallop only one long edge.
Work out the placement of all the elements: the blocks, swirls, strip at the bottom and two brackets as well as photos and stick down on the brown background cardstock when you are satisfied with the symmetry. Trim and block photos only if required. I sandpapered the edges of my larger portrait and landscape photos. Then I added a journaling block and write about the layout. It is so important for me that my handwriting appears for the generations to come and I always add the date. Before gluing down the elements, I chalk edge everything, to make them pop!
I completed my layout with words, photos brackets and journaling block. I used the Delilah white chocolate chip stickers from Basic Grey; I love these lettering sets, which come in four sheets of self-adhesive chipboard abc’s – you can find them in Paperlane. They are such good value for money and can definitely be used on multiple layouts. I altered the colour using paint and chalks. You can also add the Glossy Accents by Ranger to emphasize the swirls, brackets and/or letters of your title. I also tied ribbon around my letters as an extra touch. Decorate with the embellishments you gathered and make it pretty!"

"I hope you enjoy playing with Bo Bunny Gypsy as much as I did; it’s a stunning range which can be used with a less approach because the papers really are so eye-catching!"


There you go folks, gorgeous products and amazing layouts from our Design Team for you to take ideas from for your next project.

We would love to see your layouts and we welcome all scrappers who want to showcase their paper crafting projects at Paper Lane Gallery so the scrapbooking community can view them for inspiration.

This is all for now! Happy Scrapping!