Monday, May 20, 2013

Secret Garden Inspirations


Hello dear crafters.

I hope everyone is having a good time, had the chance to visit and get hold of new beautiful goodies at Paper Lane and most of all crafting the day away. I’m really excited to share with everyone today a garden of inspirations.

The Secret Garden from Graphic 45 is really beautiful and fun. There are lots of projects for this paper line that you can come up with as I did.
 First inspiration…
Secret Garden Spinner Album
 To spin your creativity and keep those ideas flowing…

 This is a larger and taller spinner album version . There are 12 pages in the spinner with a page size of 5 ¾ x 8 inches. So, lot of different photo sizes can be placed on it up to 6x4inches and perhaps some notes too. The papers are already beautiful and blends so well with each other.  Here are some of the pages...
 
 There are also lots of designs that can be cut out that I had also used it to embellish the pages. Well, except for the pearls and trims {can’t help myself with that}. Additionally, I have also used the stickers from this collection. 

 This spinner album makes a perfect centerpiece in your home, a keepsake or a gift. Or it can also be great for a school projects, etc…hmmm a lot of spinning ideas to come up with!!


Second inspiration…
Tags
Well, I have cut outs left after making the spinner album so I decided to make a couple of tags.
 

 I ran two Inkssential craft tag size#8 with different embossing folders. Applied Ranger Shabby Shutter and Ranger Dusty Concord distress inks on the violet tag while on the pink tag I applied Prima old rose and pastel green chalk inks. The flowers were made by hand stitching a lace then topped it up with a flower made using Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die. Added all the elements together and the tags were done.

 These tags were dressed up front and back and this is how the backside of the tag looks...


 
Third inspiration…
Best Friends Card
 This card was made using one of the new arrivals at Paper Lane, the Radiant Rectangles Spellbinder Nestabilities die. 
 

 Beautiful paper line and spellbinder dies...just imagine all the projects and possibilities you can come up with. Again the flower was made using the paper from the collection and Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die. 
 
 
 
Fourth inspiration

Layout with a box
Yes, literally a layout with a box. Well, maybe it looks like a paper frame or shadow box. One thing for sure…the young lady in the picture is my great inspiration to come up with this unique layout.



This paper folding technique is great for layering and adding dimensions to a page. I really loved how this page turns out. The page is 12x12inches and the box in it measures 10x10inches. Cut out the Secret Garden paper and used it to layer inside the box. Decorated the box frame with cut out and punch papers, lace and pearls.

I’m so glad to share my ideas and I do hope that I have inspired you today. Do let Paper Lane know if you are interested in my projects.

From my garden of inspiration to yours…let your creativity flows.

Hugs,
Irene