Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Inspiration - Unity Stamps

Good morning crafters!

I hope you are all well and enduring this hot weather.  A great way to avoid the blistering heat is to stay indoors and let your creative side take over!  So, for today, I have a little inspiration for you in the shape of a card. I used the Great PEAR stamp set (image and sentiment) from Unity Stamps Company.  


To create this look, I stamped the image and sentiment onto green cardstock.  I then stamped the image again onto two different papers (Echo Park Dots and STRIPES Collection – chestnut small dots & marmalade tiny dots paper).  I cut the pears and leaves out and paper pieced them onto the original stamped image.  Next, I rounded two of the corners of the green cardstock with an EK Success corner rounder, distressed the edges with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink and layered it onto orange cardstock and distressed these edges too.
Then, I cut a piece of brown cardstock and adhered this to my card base.  I took the same Echo Park papers I used for the pears and made two fishtail flags and distressed the edges.  Can you tell that I love my distress inks? J  I attached the fishtail flags to the brown cardstock using glue and the image was attached using dimensionals to give it depth.  I added the bow to complete the look!  
A simple card, yet a beautiful way to show your loved one how much you care.
I hope I have inspired you in some way today.  Until the next time, take care.

Best wishes,

Paper Lane Design Team Member