Monday, September 3, 2012

Announcing our New Design Team Member

How is everybody doin'?

We hope you all had a wonderful summer holiday with your loved ones.

Today, we are  so pleased to announce  our newest addition to the Paper Lane Design Team !


IRENE RETUYA



Hello, Paper Lane blog readers!

I am Irene, originally   from Philippines. I work as a full time Registered Nurse in a government organization in Dubai since 1995.
In 1996, I started paper crafting, mostly concentrating on card making when a good friend shared with me her Print Shop software and a few weeks later I bought my first CreataCard American Greetings software. It was digitally printed out cards since then until 2009 when I started embellishing my card with whatever items I found at home and from stationary stores. In 2011, I came across Paper Lane in the internet, visited their shop and was so amaze by all the scrapbooking items available in the store. I had been scrapbooking the traditional way since then making cards, mini albums, layouts and altered projects.
Creating is what stimulates me and I love it when new ideas come to mind. Also, it is a way to unwind my day. I enjoy shabby chic but at the present, I don’t stick to a particular style but rather loves learning different styles and techniques. Currently, I like mix media after attending Iris Babao Uy workshop during Paper Lane’s 6th Birthday Celebration last June.  My favourite crafting tools are dies, punches, and embossing folders while my favorite crafting items are flowers, ribbons, lace, pearls, rhinestones and buttons. I love butterflies too.
I’m deeply honored and humbled to be a member of Paper Lane’s amazing and talented Design Team. I look forward for fun, creative and learning filled experiences. I hope to contribute, inspire and motivate others with my creations. Also, to showcase the projects I create using the supplies that are available at Paper Lane. This is a scrapping goal comes true for me and an experience of a lifetime. I am very thankful for the opportunity.


We know that Irene will be a wonderful addition to our very talented design team and we look forward to seeing all the fun and beautiful projects that she will create. To know more about Irene, please  check out her blog and  see her  versatile and inspiring creations.

Here's a few peeks at Irene's creativity:











Have a wonderful Monday everyone!