Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mini book Project from DCWV Tradewinds Pad

Good evening crafters !!!

Whew, it's been quite a while since you last heard from us ... After last Saturday's celebration of Paper Lane's 6th Birthday, we sort of laid low for a while to recoup our spent energies , so please do pardon us for not updating you sooner!

We will be posting the photo collage of our 6th birthday bash soon so do watch out for it !

In the meantime, please try and join our Second Design Challenge, as the deadline to submit your layout is on June 10, so do try to spend the next 4 days creating your winning entry !! Remember, a fabulous 180 page DCWV pad stack is to be won!

And speaking of winnings, ☺ here's the final project from the Tradewinds pad of our very lucky DT member, Janine, who won the grand prize of a Silhouette Cameo last Saturday. Way to go, Janine!!!


Hello crafty ladies, hope everybody is having a happy crafty time...

I had my eye on the Tradewinds paper stack for a while and was elated when I saw it as part of my DT products. Ladies I love making mini albums and all my albums are bulky and full of embellishments - I just can't help myself.  So even though it is a lot of work I could not resist making a paperbag mini album. The butterflies and gold in the papers are a perfect background to showcase beautiful photographs of precious memories.

Materials used:

DCWV Tradewinds paper stack
5 paper bags, 2 6x6 chipboard pieces
Various die cuts (Paper Lane) Tim Holtz embellishments
Flowers, lace, ribbon, trim, string, bakers twine
Buttons, charms, stick pins, beads
Paperclip, key, butterflies, swirls, bling
Fleur de lis, crochet doily, paper doily
Acetate sheets, various stamps, punches
Aged mahogany, vintage photo and chipped sapphire distress inks
Alcohol inks, postcard, card stock
Gold foil card, glossy accents, glitter
Glue, double sided tape, glue gun





Ladies I wish I could show the photos of all the pages, embellishments, tags and various photo mats - it would just be too much. I hope you enjoy the images ladies and check out my blog for more pics.

Remember ladies, there is no right or wrong when it comes to scrapbooking!  Surround yourself with beautiful papers and embellishments and you will create beautiful projects!  So have fun fun fun! Catch you later, Janine