Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Festive Webster's Layout from Jennifer

To continue with our feature on Webster's Pages Design Inspirations, let's take a look at how our DT Jennifer made merry use of the All About Me collection!☺


While I love Webster's Pages papers, I do find their beauty a little intimidating; there are so many lovely images around the outside edges of the papers that I don't like to cut into them! This time I cut up some elements and also used the reverse of some papers. Both layouts feature photos from my recent trip to the Netherlands.





Market Day in Maastricht

I placed all four photos on a mat of "Love the journey", added a red measuring strip element from "This is me" and also cut the half circle for the journalling from "This is me" and matted it on the green reverse side of "My story". The paper at the bottom with the silhouettes is "Look within", and the little house, which is really the main embellishment, came from the reverse of "This is me".. Left this page quite simple because the photos are busy and colourful.








Me & my shadow

These are photos of my youngest son and his little cousin, who took to following him everywhere while we were visiting. I started with a base of "My story" and "Look within" and then added the photos on a mat of the light blue "Looking ahead" paper. The coloured measuring strips are from "You're timeless". I cut a spare piece of one of the papers into a tag shape for the journalling tag, which sits behind the photo mat and carries half of the title lettering. The title letters are also Webster's Pages (Storytellers). Because it was more of a "boy" page, I struggled with the embellishing on this one but eventually went with Maya Road chipboard scrolls which I inked with one of my chalkboard catseye inkpads, and I added a few pieces of clear plastic clock faces (also Maya Road). I finished with a selection of Prima flowers in colours that would complement the red, green and blue in the layout.

Quite some layouts, huh?! Please stay tuned coz coming up next are our Design Inspirations using our holiday-themed papers !