Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunshine-y MME by Jennifer

To continue our feature on the design inspirations for our new arrivals from My Mind's Eye, let's take a look at what our DT member Jennifer had created with her MME Lost and Found Two "Sunshine" collection:


These papers were so easy to create with because of the colour palette: yellow and teal is one of my most favourite combinations, and I had exactly the right pictures to use, from a recent holiday in the Netherlands with my mother, visiting my sister and her family.



This is a tribute to my mother, who has been a huge support to me recently. The journaling is hidden on the tag peeking out at the top of the photo mat. This layout came together very quickly, and is one of my “go to” designs for two landscape oriented photos. The whole design of the page was centred around the lovely cut out portion of the Sunshine Memories Sweet paper. The photos themselves are layered over pieces of Lovely Plaid and Memories Blossoms. The ribbon trims are a mix of what I already had (the teal lace is Paper Lane); the alpha letters are from My Little Shoebox (both sizes), and the vellum butterfly is Jenni Bowlin. I actually wanted to use more flowers, but yellow and teal flowers are not common, so I just scattered a few buttons in those colours from my stash to finish off, and made a few green leaves to layer underneath the yellow rose in the cut out title panel.






 First Ice Cream Cone



This is my niece Paige, who experienced her very first ice cream cone when we were on a day trip to the town of Valkenburg. As soon as I saw the papers, I knew they would work with these pictures because of the colour she was wearing. I used Sunshine Memories Sweet, Adore, Lovely Sewing, Forever Dotted and a little piece of Lovely Plaid. The Forever Dotted is what gives the scalloped border under the photos (I cut around the circles). The letter stickers are My Little Shoebox (large) and Making Memories (blue ledger). As a final touch I added the Sunshine title card at the bottom with a Paper Lane teal grosgrain ribbon. All papers were inked along the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.



What a lovely combination of colors you've got there, Jennifer! Such a sweet and quaint layout to feature the people you care about!☺

For more design inspirations, make sure to visit our blog daily!