Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rosy MME by Jing

Concluding our series of design inspirations using the latest collections from My Mind's Eye, lets take a look at what our DT Jing van Opstal has spectacularly done with hers!

There was …


Lost & Found Collection …


- amazing! - classic! - adorable!


then, came the …


Lost & Found 2 Collection


- mind-blowing! - marvelous! - gorgeous!


It was exciting going through the yummy goodies when I got the bag from Paper Lane. My brain was just swirling with creative ideas for my layout pages. So let’s get that inspiration goin’ …


Giggle … Celebrate … Fun




I used Lost & Found Rosy “Love” Blossoms paper … I applied a dash of Gesso unto the paper … then used the Mini Brick template and stipple brush for the background.




As for embellishments, I have Rosy “Best of Friends” Celebrate paper … cut all the elements … * I used Gesso and Crackle paint on my caged bird.






Punch out flowers from Rosy “Ordinary” Dream paper … * One of my favorite products, Dusty Attic … painted it with Acrylic Black paint then spritz it with Glimmer mist … now, it is ready to go …


Supplies:
Patterned Paper
My Mind’s Eye –Lost & Found 2: Rosy “Love” Blossoms #LF2065, Rosy “Best of Friends” Celebrate #LF2059, Rosy “Ordinary” Dream #LF2069b,
Cardstock
Bazzill – Cream, Green
Embellishments
Dusty Attic – Music #DA0351; Others – Wooden Frame
Stamps / Inks
My Mind’s Eye – Lost & Found Portobello Road “Boy” Stamps #LF100; Ranger- Distress Ink: Mustard Seed, Distress Crackle Paint Picket Fence, Claudine Hellmuth Acrylic Paint Charcoal Black; Tattered Angels – Dazzling Diamond; Color Box – Chalk Dark Moss; Tsukineko – Versacraft Chocolate, Autumn Leaf
Others
Sizzix – Caged Bird; Paper Shaper – Retro Flower; McGill – Birch Leaf

it’s all worth it …

Cherish the time

spent together.




I used Lost & Found 2 Rosy “Ordinary” Adventure paper … applied Gesso especially where the glittery area – just to give a bit of shabby look effect.




As for embellishments, I made the paper rosettes using Tim Holtz diecut … I attached the Transparent Frame to the picture.



Then, I just played around with all the elements … I cut few rosettes, banners … put them all together … voila!


Supplies:
Patterned Paper
My Mind’s Eye – Lost & Found 2: Rosy “Ordinary” Adventure #LF2070, Rosy “Ordinary” Dream #LF2069, “Remember” Dots #LF2075
Cardstock
Bazzill – Cream
Embellishments
My Mind’s Eye – Lost & Found 2: Rosy “Best of Friends” Transparent Frame #LF2057, Title #LF2066, Lost & Found Madison Avenue “Girlfriends” #LF1063; Kaisercraft – Rubons – Family #RB910; Dusty Attic – Skeleton Clock Faces #DA0430
Stamps / Inks
Ranger- Distress Ink: Mustard Seed, Distress Crackle Paint Picket Fence, Claudine Hellmuth Acrylic Paint Charcoal Black; Others
Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Rosette, Tattered Banner; Paper Shaper - Circle

Moments …






What a fabulous way to end our feature on design inspirations for My Mind's Eye ! We do hope you've picked up a few ideas and are well on your way to creating your own MME marvel !

Wishing everyone a lovely crafty time !! xx