Monday, January 31, 2011

Lani Says HI from CHA in LA !!!

Oh we are so excited here at Paperlane !!!

It has been quite some time now since our Designer/ Teacher Lani flew to Los Angeles , USA to attend the world's biggest crafts exhibition - the 2011 CHA Winter Show currently being held in LA Convention Centre. We've resigned ourselves to not hear from her for quite sometime as we know that her schedule will be full with attending classes, seminars, demos, and meeting the movers and shakers of the global crafting industry. So just imagine our pleasant surprise when she found the time from her hectic sked to say hello to all of us and give us a peek of what lies in store for everybody on Paper Lane's shelves by the middle of the coming month - read on and find out more !!!

Hello everyone!

Oh I am so missing all of you there in Dubai !

Tomorrow is Day 3 of CHA, and forgive me for not giving you an account of my first day - goodness gracious I've been up to my eyeballs :) attending the workshops and demos of the different manufacturers and running around visiting some of the booths ! But the upside is - I've learnt a lot of new things that I'll be sharing with you on my classes that will be held in the coming weeks and I promise you will indeed have a lot of new techniques to look forward to!

And so today I wore my most comfy shoes and fortified myself with a good breakfast since I knew I had better start going around the booths if I want to give all of you , our dear Paper lane shoppers - the newest, most beautiful and trendiest merchandise ... in other words, the best stocks that were shown at this year's CHA. As an added bonus - I got to meet a lot of my favorite suppliers as well - and boy, they were sooo very nice !

So here are the pics of all the booths that I've visited -

Sizzix Alterations from Tim Holtz, here are some creative projects using the new Alterations dies from Sizzix, which is only a quarter of the new products released by Tim Holtz, the most famous scrapbook celebrity at the CHA.





From one of my personal favorites, Prima Marketing. Their designers are the best in the industry . Their displays are covered from head to toe in altered goods, layouts and mini albums... and of course flowers! Their booth is a haven of inspiration. Oh, I can't wait to share with you all the techniques I learned from their workshops taught by the talented Prima designers... you are all going to love it!







From K&Company, they always put on a spectacular presentation with their latest products and design team creations.







Exciting new products from my favorite cutter, Silhouette. I had fun playing at their booth and learned new and different things that you can do with their software.


Exciting new products from Bo Bunny



The amazing and the most creative display of products from Graphic 45, they are the epitome of perfection when it comes to intricately designed projects at CHA. I could spend hours at their booth staring at everything on display. They are breathtaking!!!




everyone's favorite tool from WRMK,



from DCWV, their display is simply amazing! There are really million ways to convert papers into works of art!




from Webster's Pages, you couldn't walk past their booth without wanting to stop and stare at all the beautiful papers hanging from their walls.





from Basic Grey, I looove all their new papers and they've got lots of yummy stuff displayed on their booth.



Really cute baby papers from My Little Yellow Bicycle


Making Memories



from Pink Paislee





I've been a busy bunny , havent I ? :) I still have got loads to share with you but since its now early in the morning, I better catch some sleep so I'd have the energy to run around the place tomorrow to order and bring the best and the brightest stuff to Paper Lane!

Hope to see all of you soon !

Much love, Lani

So there, dear readers ! Arent we so lucky to have Lani with us here in Paperlane ? Constantly training, studying and researching to give you the best that you deserve ! Please do watch out for more of her updates !!