Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Celebrate Christmas


Christmas has always been special and fun-filled for our family, a special time we all look forward to and that's how it was when I made this layout. I enjoyed mixing and matching the patterned papers as it was a challenge having browns and blues alongside the usual green and red we see at Christmas.

I distressed and layered the patterned papers before putting my matted photo which I also distressed. I made use of the coordinating candy brads and flowers as embellishments. I cut several swirls with my Silhouette SD machine and glued them together to add dimension. I had a lot of fun experimenting with different pigments inks to paint my swirls with and finally decided on bronze to go with some of the browns on the patterned paper. Then I embossed the swirls and put them alongside the flowers for added embellishments. Likewise, I used the Silhouette SD machine again (I love my Silhouette SD!)to cut the title which I also distressed. For journaling I used rub-ons and also wrote on 1/4 inch strips of paper.

Materials used:
Bo Bunny "Tis the Season, Deck the Halls, Falala, Stripe, Treasure
coordinating candy brads and flowers
Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink-Vintage photo
Color Box Queue Classic Pigment-Bronze
Ranger Embossing Powder-Holographic