Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Design Inspirations

"When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween."
~Author Unknown

Here is the time of the year where. . .
Kids enjoy sweets in trick or treating. . .
Mom's dress up their little monsters with cute costumes. . .
and Dad's act like professional photographers!
Scrapping these precious memories absolutely comes next.

For this month's halloween design, our featured designer is Tingting N. Here are her stunning Halloween layouts!

"I've been wanting to scrap these photos of my eldest daughter for quite sometime, and at last, I found the perfect patterned paper to go with them. Isn't she an adorable witch?"

Too Cute To Spook

For this layout, I used my new Martha Stewart doily lace border punch for the patterned paper. Then I layered several pattern papers, added a lilac ribbon, and matted my daughter’s photo. I distressed the edges of the cardstock as well as the matting on the photo. To add texture, I stitched the cardstock with a frame-like design using purple DMC thread. It was also great fun cutting out the beautiful pumpkin and the title of this layout using my Silhouette SD machine. To add to the “witchy” theme, I also cut out several images of the witch on a broom (also with the Silhouette SD), glued them on top of each other, and placed it on top of a big yellow button from Basic Grey and used it as an embellishment with a 3D effect. I used paper piecing for the pumpkin, which is, essentially, cutting the different parts of the pumpkin in different sheets of cardstock according to their appropriate colors and put them together.
The most distinctive part of my layout is the journaling, which is in my own handwriting. Through this, I believe that I am sharing a little bit of myself, my personal touch.

And there you go! A wicked layout of my adorable witch Katrien!

Here's another layout of my daughter enjoying Halloween with her cousins.

Halloween!

I love these photographs of my daughter and her two cousins getting ready to go trick-or treating in costumes their grandmother made for them. I used green and black cardstock as background for this layout. I used another Halloween design for the two strips of paper at the top of the layout and purple cardstock for the strip at the bottom. I tore the pattern paper and distressed the edges using Tim Holtz Ranger distress ink-vintage paper. This distress ink is very useful for any layout or project. I layered the pattern papers and added the matted photos. Again, I patiently hand-stitched this layout with DMC thread to add texture. I used purple cardstock for the title to add contrast to the orange and black designs on the photos and pattern paper. Judi Kin's Diamond Glaze also always comes in handy for a dazzling effect. I cut 1/4 inch paper strips and wrote on them for my journaling. -Tingting Nivera

For trick-or-treat and halloween greetings, boxes and handmade card designs were made by the Paper Lane staff.



The cards are amazingly spooky, with spider, haunted house, bats, death eater, monster, ghost and more! The tricks will surely surprise you!


Boxes for treats or favors are inhabited with cute ghosts and bats! It will surely surprise youngsters asking for sweet treats this halloween.
See you soon for more design inspirations!